Recently aquired weapons

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

Recently aquired weapons

Unread post by raymond » June 25th, 2009, 9:20 pm

We haven't had any weapons pics for a while so here are a couple for your pleasure.

The first pic has an old FN 98k Mauser I picked up for practically nothing. It was shot out, so I found an inexpensive new military profile Mauser barrel in .308 and rebarrelled it. The shotgun is an old double barrel side by side Savage/Stevens that an aunt of mine gave me last fall. I has some family connection. I bought the M1 carbine this weekend. It was made by Rock Ola, the juke box maker. It was originally a DCM gun. The pistol I also got this weekend from the same old man. It is a rare late 1960's High Standard "The Victor" .22 caliber target pistol with the longer 5 1/2 inch barrel complete with barrel weight. It also has the right handed factory competition target grips.

Edit. The double barrel is a .410 guage with double triggers.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Recently aquired weapons

Unread post by mrdibbles » June 25th, 2009, 9:40 pm

Damn Raymond that is a serious score! Nice work. I just packed up my old Winchesters, and my .45ACP, and tomorrow I'm headed for Gorman TX to do some hog hunting, some beer drink'n, and plan on cooling off in a dry creek. In Austin it was 105 today... and that is no joke. Nice guns though... I have a real jones for the 98K and M1 carbines are like breast milk.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 250GD Wolf - Former German Army
St. Augustine, Florida

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » June 26th, 2009, 12:48 pm

Very Nice Raymond! Superb
The 410, what is the common purpose for its use in the states? since its similar to a 45 only longer
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)
Muttless at the moment. :(
The Last Of Its Kind. A Ton Of American Steel.

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » June 26th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Sherwan

The .410 is a shotgun. Mine is a side by side double barrel. They are commonly used around here for hunting rabbits.

Matt

I think I would want more gun than a 44 40 or 38 40 Winchester if faced down with a large mad wild boar. At a minimum I would want a semi auto 12 guage with slugs or some sort of high power 30 caliber cartridge with a spitzer bullet with a hollow point like Winchester Fail Safe or a plastic ballisti tip like those made by Nosler.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

sarmadq
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by sarmadq » June 28th, 2009, 1:20 pm

Hunting tools and as well as self defense ones !

Sam
1983 M151A2 - M825
.....You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away, Know when to Run !
You don't count your money, sitting at the table
There'll be time enough for counting
When the deal is Done !......

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by Motorcityman » June 29th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Sam, No AK? Is the jungle carbine a Khyber pass build or an original No.5? Nice collection regardless. I wonder do many Khyber pass guns make it as far south as Karachi?

sarmadq
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by sarmadq » June 30th, 2009, 12:06 am

:) most Khyber agency weapons make it here down south..... AKs are away on a tour in land.
That's an original, my grand father's and still fires.
Sam
1983 M151A2 - M825
Know when to fold 'em

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by Motorcityman » June 30th, 2009, 10:22 am

Do they have gun shops in Karachi with modern guns? I have seen many pics of "gun shops" in the Khyber pass region where most if not all are locally made copies, some good copies, some not so good as Borat would say.

I am currently building a copy of a Khyber pass Kalashnikov just like they do in the mountains of Pakistan/Afghanistan. Typical AKM with an AKS74 side folding stock, all made from scratch (side folder stock and side folding mechanism) like the pic below.

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » June 30th, 2009, 10:39 am

Hey Joe,

Take my AK! :mrgreen: Choose which ever you like, all Paki! :mrgreen: :wink:
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by Motorcityman » June 30th, 2009, 10:58 am

Sherwan they sure are nice looking rifles, I felt bad for ya when you came to the AK forum and found out that AKM is actually Paki made and Not Russian. It is a fine looking rifle no doubt though, too bad.. The other two well what can I say they just bring a smile to my face, cute little devils!! I wish you would take some close up pictures of those and post them on the forum, the guys would love it. What are stamped on the front trunnions?

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » June 30th, 2009, 11:19 am

Joe,
I posted a lot of close up pictures on the forum of those krinks, i'm surprised you did not see them! :o
Here is the link:
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewto ... c&start=50
Here's the photo bucket link:
http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt18 ... /?start=80

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)

sarmadq
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by sarmadq » June 30th, 2009, 11:34 am

Yes sir, there are gun shops here in Pakistan that sell modern weapons. Automatic weapons are mostly banned items and punishable by law. There's a 7 years rigorous imprisonment for carrying an illegal AK47.
Pakistan, makes a lot of modern weapons, but they are mostly for the armed forces & / or export. We have a license to produce Heckler & Koch G-3s and MP5s.

You name a weapon and you'll get it here. Legal is easy but expensive as duties need to paid for clearance etc. The more famous brands are the Berettas, Glocks, Sigs, Remingtons, Winchestors, Smith & Wessons. Taurus & Walthers have recently started to make their place among enthusiasts.
Prices vary by brand. A $640 Glock 17 will cost you more than $2,500 here.

Shall try to take a few pics of the modern weapons at the shops (if the owners allow) :wink:
Sam
1983 M151A2 - M825
Know when to fold 'em

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by Motorcityman » June 30th, 2009, 12:01 pm

Sherwan yes you did, I must have overlooked them for some reason or just plain old forgot. I read a lot of threads over there on a daily basis as you can imagine. What kick ass rifles though!!

Sam, pics would be great but don't get in no trouble for taking them, pull up in your mutt and have a face of authority, they will probably let you take all the pics you want :lol: Are POF guns available to the public there or strictly military, I know they would be contraband but do the milk out into civilian hands? MP5's and G3's...

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » June 30th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Yes Yes! G3's and MP5's skim on to the public! I'm currently saving up for a Paki G3 these days! 160k ( $2000) , Weeeeee1 :P :P :D :D
The Krinks always put a huge smirk on my face every time i shoot them! :P :P
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)

sarmadq
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by sarmadq » June 30th, 2009, 12:38 pm

Yes, as Sherwan said they do get out. Rarely though, that's why the price is high. The G3 is being phased out as its performance at high altitude has not been so good. Going in more for the AKMs.

I bought an MP5-Pk, mutiple options. Single shot, 3-burst & full auto ....... not to mention the safety so that makes it a 4 option thing. Nice & compact, but a loaded weapon is quite heavy.

Not to miss out mentioning here, that the Rambo knife seen in First Blood & other Rambo sequals was Made in Pakistan, in Sherwan's home town Sialkot. Not many people know/knew of it.
Sam
1983 M151A2 - M825
Know when to fold 'em