Looking for .50 for guntruck

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

m151dave
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Looking for .50 for guntruck

Unread post by m151dave » July 24th, 2009, 6:05 pm

I am looking for a couple good M2 .50 caliber guns for our guntruck project. I know this has been discussed before, but when I checked, it looks like it was a couple of years ago, perhaps there is new info?

Can anybody offer urls to companies that sell either complete metal guns or kits to build them? The project is not interested in lightweight repros.

Is there any discussion regarding what is good or bad? What about Vietnam era gun mounts?

I look forward to the wisdom of the group!!
Owner - M151A2
Member - MVPA

Founder - The Last Patrol, Vietnam Living History Group
www.lastpatrol.org

rccoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Looking for .50 for guntruck

Unread post by rccoke » July 29th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Are you interested in gas guns for noise? Lee Hutchins is a name from the past who made a few castings for this purpose. He sold his molds to a guy who sells these non-guns under the business name of HOOSIER HOT-SHOT tel # 260-824-4887 or 260-273-1383. They are designed for a drop in simulator kit designed and sold by Steve L Smith from Barnhart MO tel#636-464-7281. I can vouch for the kits but have not seen one of the new casting. Smith should be at Evansville. SARCO may or may NOT have kit guns available. While at MVPA convention you can visit with John Bizal of Mid-west Military (vendor) he has 4 of Lee's guns mounted on a quad fifty. IRAC has aluminum non-guns, lighter weight but prone to shiny scrapes and pricey. Lots of luck and will probably need to do a fundraiser.

m151dave
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by m151dave » July 29th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Thanks for the tips! I plan to spend time with vendors discussing the gun situation for our truck. You are right about the fund raiser!

You figure guns, and mounts, plus various things like dummy ammo belts and we are talking about five grand or so for good stuff. I am not sure about gas guns. We have a few places to dhoot them, not sure if expense is worth it or not.
Owner - M151A2
Member - MVPA

Founder - The Last Patrol, Vietnam Living History Group
www.lastpatrol.org

tbanks
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by tbanks » July 29th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Give me a call I have some 50 mounts missing pins I can sell pretty cheap.I really like the guntrucks.Also complete working VIC 1 kits.Tony 1-859-749-5659