My Collection

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Cobra5
Colonel
Colonel

My Collection

Unread post by Cobra5 » September 12th, 2009, 10:08 pm

I thought I'd share a couple photos of my hardware. You'll notice I added a couple items fitting for a Seabee, probably not to his standard but there is a long reach and close quarters weapon for a hard fighting Seabee. :lol: :wink:

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: My Collection

Unread post by Motorcityman » September 13th, 2009, 1:02 am

Nice collection, you need an AK though. I just bought back a gun I sold a few years ago to a friend today, it's home where it should be. An AK of course 8)

The carbine on the bottom, is that a universal I think they called it the "enforcer?"

sarmadq
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by sarmadq » September 13th, 2009, 1:55 am

Nice, love the hammers. MCman's right, you need an AK in there and I think also an M4.
Sam
1983 M151A2 - M825
.....You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away, Know when to Run !
You don't count your money, sitting at the table
There'll be time enough for counting
When the deal is Done !......

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » September 13th, 2009, 8:25 am

Is that an FN 49 between the AR 15 and SKS :?: Those used to be at all the gun shows 10 or 15 years ago, and they were priced pretty reasonably. Now they are pretty scarce at the gun shows around here, and the price has really gone up. They are supposed to be really well made rifles. I wish I had bought one back in the early 1990's :!: 8) Also like the Walther P38 and the Browning Hi Power :D
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Cobra5
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Cobra5 » September 13th, 2009, 10:42 am

Motorcityman wrote:Nice collection, you need an AK though. I just bought back a gun I sold a few years ago to a friend today, it's home where it should be. An AK of course 8)
The carbine on the bottom, is that a universal I think they called it the "enforcer?"
I've been looking for a SLR95 which is the Bulgarian made AK but haven't seen any. The carbine on the bottom was made by Iver Johnson. This is the first firearm I ever purchased over 30 yrs ago. The damn thing would never shoot straight until I had a friend of mine in the AF shoot it. He took his little brass hammer and whacked the frontsight. It now shoots straight! No he wasn't a Seabee either :lol:.
raymond wrote:Is that an FN 49 between the AR 15 and SKS :?: Those used to be at all the gun shows 10 or 15 years ago, and they were priced pretty reasonably. Now they are pretty scarce at the gun shows around here, and the price has really gone up. They are supposed to be really well made rifles. I wish I had bought one back in the early 1990's :!: 8) Also like the Walther P38 and the Browning Hi Power :D
You are correct, it is a FN49 still in 8mm but it is an ex-Egyptian military weapon. This was the first firearm I purchased with my curio/relic license and had it shipped to my door. Unfortunately this was the last firearm I have purchased. I never fired a round through it, :cry:. I still have my license but haven't done much with it. The pistols on the bottom are a Walther P-38, Lugar P-08, CZ-85, and 45 Springfield. Not sure which one you thought was a Hi Power.

I built the AR 15 over 10 yrs ago out of a kit I bought from Bushmaster. I have never put a round through it. It has, at the time of the scary gun law, a post ban lower with a pre ban upper. The sad thing about the collection is that the last time I went shooting was over 10 years ago at a John Grand match. I haven't fired a round since.

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Unread post by SEABEE62 » September 13th, 2009, 11:06 am

M16 came in handy too.....but I like the close quarters hammer tho. When we were building, the heavier the hammer the quicker the work.( Fewer hits ) But we usually wanted the claw hammer to open our beer with. It was nice to see the hammers as recognized weapons ,and Rickf should know.... it was easier to clean. Thanks Cobra, Seabee
1971 M151A2 MUTT , M416 trailer
NMCB 62, Delta Co.,BU2, Gulfport, MS Home Port
VFW 3838, American Legion 63
Seabee Association of America LM , NMCB 62 Assoc.
"Performance Under Fire" US Navy Seabees '69-'72
National Assoc. of Atomic Veterans/ Amchitka
SEMO University Vet Corp Alumni
MVPA#32091

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » September 13th, 2009, 11:59 am

WOW! Nice Collection ! Its nice to have the second amendment. :mrgreen:
Can we have an ID rundown...... :)
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)
Muttless at the moment. :(
The Last Of Its Kind. A Ton Of American Steel.

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » September 13th, 2009, 10:22 pm

I guess I didn't look closely enough at the CZ :oops: If you are looking for a good AK variant, I have fired several, and ended up buying a Galil. I like the sights on the Galil better. The rear sight is on the rear of the receiver rather than the back of the barrel, giving it a longer sight radius. The rear sight is an aperature peep sight. I think this combination makes it a little more accurate.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Cobra5
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Cobra5 » September 13th, 2009, 11:37 pm

sherwan_88 wrote:WOW! Nice Collection ! Its nice to have the second amendment. :mrgreen:
Can we have an ID rundown...... :)
Sherwan,

Rifles Left to right: Mosin Nagant (WWII), Mauser 98 (WWI), 2ea Mauser 98K (WWII), Lee Enfield 303 (WWII), M1 Carbine (WWII), M1 Grand (Korea), Russian SKS (Post WWII), FN49 (Egyptian), AR 15 (Bushmaster), Non Military 30 Cal Carbine.

Pistols Left to right: German Lugar (WWII), German Walther (Post WWII), Czechoslovakia CZ85, Springfield 45 cal

Tim

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by Motorcityman » September 13th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Heres some of my AK's, the one in the middle is the one I just bought back, this is an old picture, its an Arsenal Classic 1of 200 made. The other two I built and have since been refinished.

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » September 16th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Tim,
Thanks for the rundown. That is an amazing collection! I adore the M1 Garand, its an amazing rifle.
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)
Muttless at the moment. :(
The Last Of Its Kind. A Ton Of American Steel.

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Unread post by SEABEE62 » September 17th, 2009, 8:48 am

Cobra....you forgot to list the brand of hammers!!!!! Seabee
1971 M151A2 MUTT , M416 trailer
NMCB 62, Delta Co.,BU2, Gulfport, MS Home Port
VFW 3838, American Legion 63
Seabee Association of America LM , NMCB 62 Assoc.
"Performance Under Fire" US Navy Seabees '69-'72
National Assoc. of Atomic Veterans/ Amchitka
SEMO University Vet Corp Alumni
MVPA#32091

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » September 17th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Hey MCM, is that my lunch pale you are using for a target :?: I was wondering what happended to it :roll: :lol:

1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's