I like MP5's

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

ohiomgman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: I like MP5's

Unread post by ohiomgman » July 3rd, 2011, 10:19 am

acudanut wrote:AK's equal (=) commie....Build a AR, and save our roots. (2 cents). Mike
AK's = the most copied, produced, sucessful and reliable assault rifle ever produced in human history. With over 200 million having been produced... If you added and then totaled up, the numbers of every other gas powered or blowback powered, magazine fed, military issued rifle in the world... The AK platform has outnumbered, outsold, outproduced and been fired in anger more than FOUR times their number.

The Lord Of War
"Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing has been more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947, more commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the worlds most popular assault rifle, a weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple nine pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood, it doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It will fire whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy even a child could use it, and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After the AK47, comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists."

The AR with an impinging gas piston is now...somewhat...the rifle it should have been fifty years ago.

I used to have my 12 and 10 year old nieces building all the AR's I sold... A caveman could build one. As long as all those highly machined and hi-tech parts, had any kind of fit...or affinity...for each other.

:P
NRA Life Member. Class 7 FFL/ SOT
1964, M151-A1
1950, US M-38 Jeep. Serial # 36.
1952,US M-38 Jeep
1965, Willys M-274 Mule
1945, CCKW, closed cab, 353
416 Trailer
M100 Trailer
US Army 5 year RA. RSVN 1968-1970

ohiomgman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by ohiomgman » July 3rd, 2011, 10:39 am

Motorcityman wrote:I build AK's too 8)

MP5 look's great!

Over the years I just fell into building all kinds of AK's as it seemed to be where the niche for me was laying. Can't complain. The AK has been good to me. I used to build lots of FN's also, M14's, M1's and at one time owned the Ohio market in NICE Enfields. Used to buy them four hundred fifty at a time, after cherry picking them out, in Century's warehouse. NOW that was a good sized pile!

I have slowed down a lot in the last 15 years... What I used to do in a day now takes a week.. :)
NRA Life Member. Class 7 FFL/ SOT
1964, M151-A1
1950, US M-38 Jeep. Serial # 36.
1952,US M-38 Jeep
1965, Willys M-274 Mule
1945, CCKW, closed cab, 353
416 Trailer
M100 Trailer
US Army 5 year RA. RSVN 1968-1970

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » July 3rd, 2011, 1:08 pm

I never really like the AK. The sights are crap. Then I fired an Israeli Galil. The Galil is the AK the Russians should have built.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/isr/galil-e.html
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by Motorcityman » July 4th, 2011, 2:18 am

raymond wrote:I never really like the AK. The sights are crap. Then I fired an Israeli Galil. The Galil is the AK the Russians should have built.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/isr/galil-e.html
The sights aren't crap you just have to learn how to use them, Yes the sight aperture on the Galil is more of a western sight which makes is somewhat more user friendly for people who are used to the M16 system. Personally I can hit man sized targets at 350 meters all day long with a stock sighted AK, for a combat rifle I don't know what more you could want, are there better alternatives, sure there are but the sights that are standard on an AK have been used on rifles for hundreds of years. Heck the sights on my springfield trapdoors are very similar. As far as function though and ruggedness the rifle can't be beat. As far as the Galil goes it's a direct deritavive of the AK, the gas system, Fire control and barrel assembly is the same, cosmeticly maybe different but not much really. An outstanding gun in it's own right, I own two myself, both ARM's.

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » July 4th, 2011, 8:09 am

I like the aperture sight of the Galil on the back of the receiver. It gives a longer sight radius. I also like the NATO caliber.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus