Buttstock question.

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

Buttstock question.

Unread post by raymond » January 5th, 2015, 10:11 pm

Thinking about adding a new buttstock to my Colt lower, the one I used in my M4 conversion. Have narrowed it down to the ACE ARFX Skeleton or the Ace Ultralight. Staying with the full length versions. And don't like collapsible stocks as I dislike the feel against my cheek. Have heard the ultralight is structurally weak, however don't plan on using it to breach doors. Any thoughts :?:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/760499 ... inum-black

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/241016 ... inum-matte
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

1811jhead
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Buttstock question.

Unread post by 1811jhead » January 9th, 2015, 1:30 am

Have an ACE ARFX on my 6.8 pig gun. Very sturdy stock. You can add an extra layer of foam rubber padding on the top portion of the buffer tube to get a better cheek weld. Brownells has a fair price on them

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » January 9th, 2015, 10:32 am

Even though you said you didn't want a collapsible stock, try a Magpul ACR. They have compartments built into the sides (for battery storage), and actually have a far better feel to them. The battery compartments offer a healthy rest for your cheek.

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » January 11th, 2015, 4:17 pm

Ended up with the ARFX. Came in from Brownell's Friday, and assembled it yesterday. Will post pics on Monday or Tuesday.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

retiredpara
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by retiredpara » January 14th, 2015, 12:00 am

You'll like it. I'm not the tallest guy, (length of pull), but it works for me.I think it is a good, sturdy, and lightweight stock.
You likely already know this, but you will need your receiver extension, buffer and spring from the rifle you started your build with. You did start this from a fixed stock 'A2 type AR, right?

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » January 16th, 2015, 9:46 pm

Finally got a photo uploaded to Photobucket. Easy install less than 10 minutes to remove A2 stock and install the ARFX.

Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » January 16th, 2015, 9:52 pm

P.S. Foam padding on tube is super comfortable and the stock is very lightweight.
Raymond