Cloning the Hackmobile

this is a spot to post pics of your favorite mutt cause you know we all like to look at them.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Cloning the Hackmobile

Unread post by Rainman » May 22nd, 2012, 1:57 pm

Recently rec'd a note from one of Sgt hack's people about a movie shoot in a year or so about Sgt Hack's life. Guess they contacted the Pratt Museum at Ft Campbell about using the original Hackmobile in the film. Their response was a no go for the original that is on display at the museum. A suggestion arose about getting another A2 and cloning the original paint, seat covers and custom Airborne top to make a "stunt double" I guess. I haven't talked to Sarge personally about the project, but knowing the Sarge, he does make things happen. If he'd use my A2 I might just donate it to the cause and get it back all red white and blue. Here's a few more pictures of the original Hackmobile other than are normally seen from the museum...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: Cloning the Hackmobile

Unread post by raymond » May 22nd, 2012, 3:34 pm

I never get tired of seeing pictures of that A2 8)
Raiman, I would also suggest they give you a part in the movie in return for painting your A2 :idea: :D
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » May 23rd, 2012, 7:42 pm

Where is the transfer case shifter?

Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » May 23rd, 2012, 8:45 pm

Nice catch there Rick,
I have these images on my hard drive from Sarge's site and I zoomed in on it too. Looks to be blocked off and poof it's gone. I'll definitely ask the Sarge point blank, WTF's with THAT deal? This jeep used to hang around my high school like a predator when I was like 16 yrs old here in Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio and who'd a thunk I'd a grow'd up to be so involved these obscure little 1/4 ton vehicles. I may have mentioned it before over the years, "I learned to 'drive a clutch' at a Ft. Hood motorpool in a 1971 AMG M151A2". I was lucky to have driven a couple different M151's before the Cav swap to the Gamagoat M561 in mid 1975.
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder