Hands off, don't lean, keep out signs when on display

this is a spot to post pics of your favorite mutt cause you know we all like to look at them.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Germann75
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Hands off, don't lean, keep out signs when on display

Unread post by Germann75 » March 17th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Some of the signs I have seen at car shows over the years were cute and not offensive. They got the point across.

"Please do not touch. I am not that kind of car."

"Please do not touch my beautiful body."

People are interested, we do this to preserve our military history and heritage. I think if generations of Privates could not destroy the Mutt it's safe. But people can be disrespectful just due to ignorance.

WC Matt
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by WC Matt » March 17th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Aswayze

' Thought you made some good points in that "manifesto" ( :lol: ) you posted on page two. It's not the 100 decent or some times rude members of the public that worry or bother me. I understand that a lot of folks have never seen a real "Army truck" up close & personal before. It's that one giant "smooth muscle" that always seems to show up at these events that seems to ruin it for everyone..

A friend of mine who's a WWII reenactor left his GPW unattended for a few mins at an event to return and find it covered in strangers (other reenactors he didn't know). Apparently, they were using his 1/4 ton as a lunch counter with one guy sitting on the hood. When he asked them to get off his jeep, they groused & grumbled. but left. The guy sitting on the hood left a rather large dent from his body weight.

Matt

ndcctrucks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by ndcctrucks » April 6th, 2016, 1:26 am

I always let people up on my M35A2 with careful observation that they or their kids are very cautious about falling. I can never refuse a veteran and/or spouse a pic in the cab.

I have had almost no problems ever, but I now drain the air tanks so no one can "beep" the AIR HORN and also I now check the winch PTO after I broke the aluminum shaft shear pin starting the engine after someone had pushed the PTO shift lever into gear...

I also ALWAYS tell every person that this is MY truck, and if they want to touch any other truck/jeep they must find the owner and ask permission. Most people don't realize that these vehicles are no longer in Uncle Sam's service, especially when parked next to a C-17.
Keep 'em rolling!

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Unread post by SEABEE62 » April 6th, 2016, 9:46 am

RAINMANS ALIVE !!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Seabee 8)
1971 M151A2 MUTT , M416 trailer
NMCB 62, Delta Co.,BU2, Gulfport, MS Home Port
VFW 3838, American Legion 63
Seabee Association of America LM , NMCB 62 Assoc.
"Performance Under Fire" US Navy Seabees '69-'72
National Assoc. of Atomic Veterans/ Amchitka
SEMO University Vet Corp Alumni
MVPA#32091

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 6th, 2016, 9:47 am

Glad to hear that but where?
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008