Trailer Salad Followed Me Home

need more space? add a M416 trailer! and discuss it here.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

mutt and jeff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Trailer Salad Followed Me Home

Unread post by mutt and jeff » October 31st, 2020, 1:55 pm

Barn find out of N. GA. I recognized the M762 underneath and thought that Bubba had set a M416 tub on the flat bed. But, after getting home and out in the sun today, looks like Bubba set the tub and frame down on the flat bed and rebolted the fenders to attach to the tub and hold everything loosely together.
Tub is soled and bed is intact with both drain plugs still in. Can't feel under 416 frame, but feels like spring mounts are removed. I'll separate the two trailers and see how the flat bed is, but it feels solid. Parking brake cable will need replacement. All the lunette parts, safety chains, hand brake parts and embilical cord with correct plug are there. Rear tail lights and reflectors and the tail light brackets and marker light are there.
Some data plates on the tub and some rebuild tags on the flatbed frame. Will look for flatbed data plate on inside of fender when I separate the two.

Don't know what I'll do with it. I already have an M762 that I can tow behind the MUTT, but no 416. If I can find a decent frame, maybe I'll end up with two trailers for the MUTT.

And, of course, the usual barn find tires and wheels.
wigley 1.JPG
wigley 2.JPG
wigley 3.JPG
wigley 5.JPG
wigley 6.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Re: Trailer Salad Followed Me Home

Unread post by m3a1 » October 31st, 2020, 1:58 pm

PM sent

mutt and jeff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by mutt and jeff » October 31st, 2020, 5:05 pm

The tub was just sitting on the flat bed wedged in between the two fenders. A nice M416 frame was sandwiched between the tub and flatbed and lifted right off. Spring mount, springs and axle and all the drawbar parts and I've got a 416.
wigley 7.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » October 31st, 2020, 6:15 pm

I was going to say something about that when I saw the picture but I figured that was what TJ's pm was about. That or he was going to try to swindle you out of it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » October 31st, 2020, 8:22 pm

Swindle?

Moi?

Perish the thought.

Happy Halloween, my MUTTly friends..

mutt and jeff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by mutt and jeff » November 28th, 2020, 5:00 pm

So, I found a good home for the flat bed and sub frame. A forum member has traded for the lunette tower and the lift bars. I converted the M762 fenders to go on a M416 tub. So I'll end up with a M416 salad, but a pretty close one. The 762 fenders have reinforcement mounts fore and aft of each fender that I left on as the frame was drilled to accept the six bolts on each fender and it's a nice aggressive look. I've got to drill the holes in the fenders for the tub mounting brackets and that will happen next. I haven't removed the lift bars in this pic yet, but will do so after lifting tub back off the frame. Just something to do in the winter months. Will paint camo to match the MUTT down the road.
conversion 4.JPG