USMC M416 to USMC M416B1 and Lining of bed

need more space? add a M416 trailer! and discuss it here.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Austringer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

USMC M416 to USMC M416B1 and Lining of bed

Unread post by Austringer » February 3rd, 2013, 11:41 pm

I have a Stevens 1967 USMC M416 that I'm going to convert to a M416B1 to pull behind my Mite. I need to remove the 3/4 inch lifting "mods)from the front and back and replace with a 1/2 one in the correct location. I'm going to remove them via cutting only the welds. If anyone needs these, let me know. We work out a deal on them, mostly need to cover some of the cost of making the new 1/2" ones.

My other statement/question I"d like to get feed back on. The floor is pitted a bit and has some small holes in the front. I'm thinking that instead of replacing the floor, I'll wet blast , phosphate then "rhino line" the floor and the vertical sides. Since I'll more than likely have a cover on it most of the time it will not be noticable. This would also give it a fair amount of strength, allow me to haul boxes, crates and other items without scratching the hell out of the floor by keeping items from sliding around and make it water tight. A friend of mine did this with his M416 and it looks pretty good, I know it's not original but it does make the trailer much more usable and preserves it.

Any thoughts on this? Suggestions?

Best regards

J.
Atlanta, GA

1969 M706
1969 M106A2

Jay Mallari
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: USMC M416 to USMC M416B1 and Lining of bed

Unread post by Jay Mallari » February 4th, 2013, 1:55 am

I'm not sure if this product would be useful to address the pitting and pin hole issues.
http://www.alvinproducts.com/Products/Products.asp?id=1