Good deal on random gun stuff

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: Good deal on random gun stuff

Unread post by raymond » September 6th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Palmetto State Armory has a good current deal on M16/AR15 Nickel Boron coated bolts. Not for everyone, but if you build your own or shoot a lot or have full auto, Nickel Boron bolts are the thing. They essentially wipe off. No hard scraping of carbon. I currently have one that I pulled from another rifle when the Nickel Boron bolt from Fail Zero I put in my M16A1 broke it's extractor after less than 10 rounds, and that was semi auto. This is a fraction of the price of the Fail Zero. $89.99 including shipping. Just ordered 2 more for future builds. Again, this is not for everyone, but if you shoot a lot or have a full auto M16 or shoot suppressed, all situations where a lot of carbon builds up on the bolt, Nickel Boron is the way to go.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-log ... 46450.html

Edit: Made in USA, carrier is 8620 steel, the bolt is Carpenter 158 steel, it is shot peened, pressure tested, and magnetic particle inspected, all per USGI military specs.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » September 7th, 2018, 11:24 pm

Got the 2 nickel boron bolts I ordered from Palmetto State Armory today. Less than 48 hours from order. They have a reputation for slow shipping, but perhaps they have decided to shed that reputation.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » September 30th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Have several Israeli steel 5.56 Galil magazines that have caused me problems over the years. Finally decided to weed them out and search out some new ones. Left me with 2 that are reliable. NOS are like hens teeth and priced accordingly. And even NOS steel magazines can be hit or miss on any given rifle. Found that Tapco makes a good polymer magazine and that it also works well in 5.56 Finnish Valmet rifles (the Galil is essentially a copy of the Valmet which is itself a version of the Kalishnakov) and with 5.56 AKs as long as you install a feed ramp and grind the ribs off the top part of the sides, where it inserts into the magazine well. Most of my research says the Tapco polymer mags are to the Galil what the PMag is for the AR. Lees magazines has them for the low price of $10.99, which is 4 bucks cheaper than I can find elsewhere.

https://www.leesmags.com/GalilGolani-AK ... p_246.html
Raymond

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » September 30th, 2018, 9:37 pm

I have Pmags for my AR and I also have a ton of IOT stripper clips that I loaded all my ammo on so I could put it in bandoleers. I found that the strippers will not load into the pmags worth a damn! I would love to find some metal mags. I see them advertised all the time but I am assuming these are ones you have had problems with?
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » October 1st, 2018, 7:36 am

rickf wrote:I have Pmags for my AR and I also have a ton of IOT stripper clips that I loaded all my ammo on so I could put it in bandoleers. I found that the strippers will not load into the pmags worth a damn! I would love to find some metal mags. I see them advertised all the time but I am assuming these are ones you have had problems with?
Was having trouble with several steel Galil magazines.

They are for the Galil 5.56 rifle.
It looks like this:

http://modernfirearms.net/en/assault-ri ... galil-eng/

The steel magazines look like this:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/galil-223-35 ... 7IEBWhKhPY

Tapco makes a good polymer version.
It looks like this:

https://www.leesmags.com/search.asp?key ... l+magazine
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » October 8th, 2018, 10:26 pm

A few months ago, I bought a Glock 19 for CC. On day of purchase, I bought some magpul Glock 19 and Glock 17 magazines dealer had because of the reputation for their AR magazines. Have lots of rounds through them and now trust them for CC. I keep a 19 magazine in the pistol and a 17 magazine in my pocket. Brownell's has a 10 pack of the 19 magazines that shows a price of 119.99 when added to cart but 109.99 shipped after code "NBM" at final checkout.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/han ... ign=Itwine

Raymond
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » October 28th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Excellent deal on my favorite AR 15 trigger. Rise Armament RA 140 $69.99 shipped after entering code "PJZ" on checkout from Brownell's.

I recommend anti walk pins for installation.

I have this trigger on 4 AR's.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/t ... ign=Itwine

Raymond
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » November 20th, 2018, 9:49 am

https://e-arms.com/s-w-m-p15-22-orc-22l ... _e13cb785d

E-ARMS.com has a model of the Smith and Wesson MP 15-22 right now for $314.99

It is in black, threaded barrel w/flash hider, soft case, full length top rail, M Lok hand guard, 25 round magazine, no iron sights but comes with a sight that changes from red to green dot.

Must preorder now and it ships to your FFL Dealer on Black Friday, i.e. the day after Thanksgiving.

Depending on what your FFL dealer charges for a transfer, this can be one hell of a deal :!:

Also would make a great Christmas present :idea: *

*especially for me from all you thankful members who appreciate all the hard work I do to help moderate this sight and find these deals
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » February 12th, 2019, 10:26 am

Excellent deal on 9mm ammunition.

Brownell's has 1000 round cases of CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr FMJ 9mm for $147.88 SHIPPED after manufacturers mail in rebate and with discount code NCS at checkout.

That works out to 14.8 cents a round for excellent quality brass case reloadable 9mm ammunition delivered to your door :!:

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/ha ... ign=Itwine
Raymond

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » February 12th, 2019, 10:58 am

Careful on those rebates! I bought some .22 from Palmetto and it took 5 months to get the rebate which came in the form of a prepaid Visa card. :evil: :evil: Not worth it to me to have to wait that long and then get it on a card you are tied to.

And all the info they want you to send to get the rebate is unbelievable!! If you go for it be absolutely sure you save every box and piece of paper that arrives with the ammo because they want pictures of all of it. They want pictures of ALL of the ammo and from several angles. It is like a damn police investigation. Never again unless they change their methods.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » February 12th, 2019, 11:06 am

I just bought some of this 45 ACP from SG Ammo. The price is a bit higher per round than others for brass ammo BUT, Their shipping is very reasonable.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/45-auto- ... mmo-l45ap4
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » February 12th, 2019, 11:21 pm

I've never had a bad buying experience from Brownell's.
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » February 24th, 2019, 6:52 pm

raymond wrote:Have you been delaying a small purchase from Brownells because the shipping would be more than the item :?:

Brownells often has free shipping on purchases over a set amount, but today, Brownell's has free shipping for everything, no minimum purchase. Just enter coupon code "MBT: at checkout :D

https://www.brownells.com/?avad=avant&a ... ign=Itwine

Brownell's is having the free shipping on any order, no minimum, again. Use code "K9Y" at checkout.
Ends at midnight, so hurry.
This wasn't up earlier today, so it must be a flash sale.
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 27th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Once again, Brownells is having a no minimum, free shipping sale. Use code "VEY" at checkout.
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 31st, 2019, 8:58 pm

Optic planet has a heck of a deal on a green dot weapon sight. It is the Holosun HE 403. I bought a similar Holosun green dot sight from them recently but it had the circle around the dot. They've had lots of deals on Holosun products recently which makes me think Holosun is going to update their lines. This one has a "shake awake" feature, that along with the new energy efficient LEDs used in such sights, allows you to leave the sight on and have up to a 50,000 hour battery life. And green dots don't wash out so bad in direct sunlight. $130.49

The website I am listing is Wikiarms, and from there you can navigate to the Optics Planet. But hurry, sometimes these deals only last for a few hours.

https://www.wikiarms.com/
Raymond