ROPS (ISSUE & Encore maybe CN) 4 FS - Update!!

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Vzike
Sergeant Major of the "G"

ROPS (ISSUE & Encore maybe CN) 4 FS - Update!!

Unread post by Vzike » May 6th, 2017, 3:15 pm

I'm selling 4 sets of ROPS. One modified to bolt on without cutting into the back fender. That one off my Encore. The other three are issue sets.

NOTE, I'm not trying to get a lot for these. I thought about selling them as scrap metal, but thought someone might want them. Much of the price is just to cover my time palletizing them prepping them for shipment.

I got prices from Fastenal to ship them. I live near West Palm Beach Florida (33404). They would ship from a near by Fastenal to one closest to you. To the other side of Florida, it was about $115. To Texas it is about $150. To Rapid City, it was also $150.

I just removed a ROPS from my latest A2 project. It comes complete, with most of the seat belts intact (I think all), and all the stanchions and pins. Some of the mounting nuts and bolts had to be cut off.

I left on most of the padding. All this needs is assembly and tape.

I can palletize is and have it shipped, or you can pick it up here.

$200.00 plus shipping

I also have another one, without the padding or seat belts. $100 plus shipping.

I also have one for an Encore (maybe (Canadian??). The mounting plates are included. No seat belts. The back mount is a plate mounted to the rear fender deck. See the pictures below. $100 plus shipping
Last edited by Vzike on May 16th, 2017, 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vin Zike

rickf
General
General

Re: ROPS for sale

Unread post by rickf » May 6th, 2017, 3:36 pm

I cannot believe how clean and rust free those rear mounts are!
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Vzike

Unread post by Vzike » May 6th, 2017, 5:02 pm

rickf wrote:I cannot believe how clean and rust free those rear mounts are!
The whole vehicle is like that. The side flares are dented and banged up, but very very little rust.

Vzike

Unread post by Vzike » May 7th, 2017, 10:37 am

Here are pictures of the Encore ROPS. I don't know if this is just a modified US ROPS. or a Canadian ROPS. The rear mount is a landing pad on top of the rear fender. The mid mounting pads are bolted to he forward edge of the rear fender. Only the front has Stanchions.

Tom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: ROPS (ISSUE & Encore maybe CN) 4 FS - Update!!

Unread post by Tom » July 21st, 2017, 9:36 am

Hey Vin. This sounds like an interesting accessory. How difficult are they to install?

Vzike

Unread post by Vzike » July 21st, 2017, 9:46 am

They can be a pain on the back fender, but mostly it is just lining it up, drilling holes, and bolting it on. The ROPS comes in sections that are pinned together. The rear fender section is a pain. You have to cut a round hole in the back fender, and attach the mount to the top of the rear frame member. I think it is best to cut those rear holes (with a hole saw), and assemble the whole thing before drilling the holes. Others on this site may have more experience with that!

The one off the Encore mounts on the top of the rear fender, so it does not require drilling the big holes in the back fender. You could assemble the whole thing on the vehicle, then drill the holes.

On the down side, keep in mind that it adds a lot of weight to the top side of the vehicle. Drives different. Most would not want it. I've removed it from every vehicle I owned, that's why I have three available.

Fil Bonica
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Fil Bonica » July 21st, 2017, 10:12 am

Tom, your jeep is too nice to butcher it up with a std ROPS kit.
Spent too much time and money restoring two A2s with ROPS.
Safe driving is the key!

FilBonica
K1ABW

Tom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Tom » July 25th, 2017, 7:25 am

Well that settles it then. Vin and I talked about the ROPS while he was rebuilding our MUTT last year and he convinced me then that it would make driving less fun. He did a wonderful job with the paint and body and I'd hate to mess it up by cutting holes in anything. I drive the MUTT everywhere to promote the Grissom Air Museum and have found that she draws a crowd in almost any parking lot. Thanks for your views and continuing guidance. Aim high.