Good deal on random gun stuff

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

Good deal on random gun stuff

Unread post by raymond » March 25th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Palmetto State Armory weekend deal.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/lake-cit ... ampaign=cl

NATO headstamp 5.56x45 mm 62 grain FMJ lead core/steel tip U.S. M855/European SS109 ammunition produced at the Army's Lake City plant which is now operated for the military by Federal. Haven't seen pictures but should have the green tip and heat mark on the case from the cannelure to the neck from swaging.

1,000 rounds loose for $299.99 shipped. Ammo is heavy and anyone who buys ammo knows that shipping is the difference between a good deal and a bad deal.

If your rifle barrel is 1/7 twist, which is the current U.S. standard, 62 grain is the bullet weight it was made for.

Best price I've seen in a while for genuine Lake City M855 rounds.

But hurry, offer expires pretty quick.

I ordered a case.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: Good deal on Lake City 5.56 M855

Unread post by raymond » March 27th, 2018, 8:29 pm

PSA has extended the deal until 3/28 :D
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 27th, 2018, 8:39 pm

If you like Colt brand 30 round M16/AR15 magazines, here is a good deal. They are made by Okay Industries. Okay Industries makes all of Colt's M16/Ar15 magazines. The only difference is the name stamped on the magazine. Okay Industries, along with General Stamping and Center Industries, are the 3 big magazine suppliers to the U.S. military. I have used ones from all 3 that are decades old and the only thing I ever did was update the first generation black and second generation green, to the newest spec 3rd generation orange anti tilt magazine followers.

https://www.botach.com/okay-surefeed-ar ... magazines/
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » April 5th, 2018, 8:50 am

If you like polymer AR15 magazines, Brownell's has a good deal on Hexmags. Hexmag magazines have gained a big following and are considered at least as good as PMags. Here is the deal. 10 pack of O.D colored 30 round mags for $85.50 shipped :D Click on link and at checkout, after you enter your zip code for shipping, you enter the discount code "MDW" and it will cut price to $85.50. I don't have much experience with polymer mags except a few 30 round Israeli Orlite mags I bought in the mid 90's during the awful "ban" years. Those have worked flawlessly. Read lots of good reviews of these, so I ordered 10 and they are now back ordered, but Brownell's is still honoring the deal and will ship once in stock.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/rif ... ign=Itwine

I get most of my deals at wikiarms. https://www.wikiarms.com/

wikiarms also has a good ammo search engine but not as good as the one at ammoseek. https://ammoseek.com/
ammoseek has a lot better filters for finding a particular manufacturer, bullet design, case material, bullet weight, etc.
But check both, as the list of vendors they monitor do not always overlap.
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » April 5th, 2018, 8:57 am

I try to keep up with firearm issues.
I'll keep posting these if people are interested.
Just let me know below.
Raymond

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 5th, 2018, 9:01 am

I check out your deals all the time and have used some of your links to buy ammo. Thanks to our new communist governor I now have to find lower capacity mags for my G19 and a few other weapons. I have GOT to get out of this state ASAP!!!!
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: Good deal on random gun stuff

Unread post by raymond » April 5th, 2018, 11:43 am

Just changed name of thread to Good deal on random gun stuff.

See an exceptional deal on anything, post it here.
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » April 8th, 2018, 7:21 pm

Brownell's has a pretty good deal on Federal Champion aluminum case 9mm 115 gr. FMJ. I suspect this ammo is identical to the aluminum case CCI 9mm 115 gr. FMJ load. Federal and CCI are both owned by the same parent company and it has been speculated over the years, with facility code number evidence on boxes, that Federal and CCI both fill in for each other when they have slack capacity. Haven't shot any, but mostly good reviews online. When reviewing stuff online, whether a hotel or ammo, or whatever, I basically discount any review that says this is the greatest thing ever and also discount any review that this is the worst thing ever. The truth is usually somewhere in between.

Anyway, the deal is 1,000 rounds shipped for $161.98. Since that is shipped, that puts it in same low price as that god awful Russian steel case, thin layer of copper over thin layer of steel over lead core stuff. Yes, you can't reload it, but I don't reload even though I shoot enough that I should. :oops:

First enter you zip code and calculate your shipping costs, then hit discount code "MDW" and recalculate. It will lower the price from $179.98 to $161.98 and give you free shipping :D Deal is listed over at Wikiarms.

https://www.wikiarms.com/

I am getting low on practice ammo and ordered 2,000 rounds just a few minutes ago.

Happy shooting.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/ha ... ign=Itwine
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » April 9th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Good deal on my favorite AR 15 trigger. It is a Rise Armament RA 140. It is single stage and about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds. Hits hard enough to ignite military primers. Not such a light pull that it is dangerous. I've used about all of them from JP Enterprises which I still have in my Colt H Bar Match Target which I used to use for club matches (not a good field trigger as you can almost breath on it and it will fire) to Geiselle, to Patriot, to Timney. I've sold them all. Keep going back to this one and have this in 4 rifles. (everything but my Colt, but it has those large pins and JP Enterprises was about the only game in town when I installed it) Just a good all around trigger that has a good pull, break, reset, etc, without being dangerous or unreliable.

$99.99 shipped from Gander Mountain when using discount code "GANDER10". I'd buy another, but I still have 1 I bought some time ago on another similar deal.

My only recommendation would be to buy a set of KNS or equivalent anti walk pins for installation.

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/product/ ... A0bZBHrGuA

Right now is a buyer's market on this kind of stuff, so stock up now, as eventually this will change.
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » April 17th, 2018, 10:04 am

Even better deal on my favorite trigger. Rise Armament RA 140.

Don't think I've ever seen it for such a good deal.

Currently on sale at Brownell's for $84.99. Add the JP Enterprises anti walk pins for $15.99 and you are at $100.98. Since you are now over $100, you enter code "M3P" and you get $10 off and free shipping for orders over $100. Works out to $90.98 per trigger/anti walk pin set.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/t ... ign=Itwine
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » June 22nd, 2018, 10:14 am

Have you been delaying a small purchase from Brownells because the shipping would be more than the item :?:

Brownells often has free shipping on purchases over a set amount, but today, Brownell's has free shipping for everything, no minimum purchase. Just enter coupon code "MBT: at checkout :D

https://www.brownells.com/?avad=avant&a ... ign=Itwine
Raymond

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » June 22nd, 2018, 10:55 am

Figures, I JUST bought some stuff from them last week! :roll: :roll:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » September 5th, 2018, 9:08 am

Haven't put anything on here for a while but just ran across this.

Excellent deal on AR15/M16 magazines.

10 D and H 30 round magazines with Magpul anti tilt followers and 10 Magpul 2nd generation 30 round magazines.

While most have heard of Magpul, D and H is the former Labelle Industries magazines. They either are or were a USGI supplier. They make Bushmaster and several other OEM magazines.

Both brands have an excellent reputation.

20 magazines for $139.99

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ten-d-h ... ampaign=cl
Raymond

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » September 5th, 2018, 10:10 am

That is a hell of a deal unless you live in F****** NJ!!!!!!
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » September 5th, 2018, 2:31 pm

rickf wrote:That is a hell of a deal unless you live in F****** NJ!!!!!!
Buy some and have them shipped to my place. They will be safe and remain unused until you move out :idea:
Raymond