M151 Log Book Part 2

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

ODRotorHead
Sergeant
Sergeant

M151 Log Book Part 2

Unread post by ODRotorHead » March 11th, 2024, 3:18 am

There may not be much interest in this, but . . .

The front pocket of our log books usually had an old piece of cardboard stuck in with nothing but the bumper number (last three of the tail number) written on it with a marker.

The modern Army has a nice, neat form to fit in that pocket:

DA Form 5823 (1989 version):

DA Form 5823 - 1989 - 001B - Page Size.jpg

It should fit on a standard 3" x 5" card, but may need to be trimmed a little. Here's a Word version for printing -

DA Form 5823 - 1989 - 001.docx

If you want to complete your "kit," this is a 1963 version of the U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator's Identification Card otherwise known as Standard Form 46.

US Govt MVO ID Card - 1963 - Front 001.jpg

Here's a Word version (two pages - front and back) for printing on card stock -

US Gov MV Oper ID Card - 1963 - 001.docx

If my understanding is correct, the 1963 version remained in use until sometime in 1973. The card stock is an off-white color. The physical dimensions of the card are only 2.5" x 3.75", so yes, the print really is that small. If you want to add color to your print, the scanned document is (approximately) R-244, G-226, B-208. The top edge of the front is the same as the top edge of the back - no "flip."

I didn't have any of the old green log book binders when I started this project. On line prices are all over the place. The cheapest supplier I found was Arocep Federal. Their price was $16.45 each. I bought two binders so combined shipping was $10.00. This is not an endorsement because I've only had one transaction with them. That said, everything went smoothly and I wouldn't hesitate to place another order.

This is an image of the binder from the Arocep Federal web site:

Arocep Log Book Image 001.jpg

https://arocep.com/collections/office-s ... inyl-green

Again . . . not an endorsement.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ODRotorHead on March 18th, 2024, 1:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.

199th mp
Major
Major

Re: M151 Log Book Part 2

Unread post by 199th mp » March 11th, 2024, 7:07 am

when i was refurbishing my A1, i used a log book and recorded everything i did. i found it useful, as my memory is no longer what it once was. when i had to sell it, the buyer, another MP, was very glad to get it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.