Mutt jack & handle

Need something for your Mutt? Let us know!

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

tokarev
Corporal
Corporal

Mutt jack & handle

Unread post by tokarev » August 28th, 2009, 10:12 am

Looking for a Mutt screw jack and handle. Doesnt need to be NOS just in working order.

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Mutt jack & handle

Unread post by 64 M151 » September 17th, 2009, 9:04 pm

tokarev wrote:Looking for a Mutt screw jack and handle. Doesnt need to be NOS just in working order.
To find one is going to be none to a needle in a hay stack because most the M151 family BII was discarded to the dump or the scrap heap.

The WWII screw jack is a perfect resymblence to the early MUTT screw jack. I think the same jack and handle 11/16 socket was in use from WWII to early Veitnam MUTTS. The sissor jack cam out with the M151A1s and continued to the M151A2s that gave better stability for the wieght ratio.

When the A2's came out they had a dual handle 11/16 X 3/4 to accomidate both the A1's and A2's and the single 11/16 wrench went about the wayside when replaced.

This what I would do and considering it my self, is get a WWII jack and a M151A2 lug wernch and cut the 3/4 end off and wala you have it.

Later Joe
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Mutt jack & handle

Unread post by Rainman » September 18th, 2009, 9:49 am

Joe could be correct on an early jack, but I didn't see where you specified which type are you looking for? The scissor type are fairly common and available at shows and swap meets.
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder