Wiper Motor Power Connector

Need something for your Mutt? Let us know!

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

m38inmaine
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Wiper Motor Power Connector

Unread post by m38inmaine » March 21st, 2020, 1:48 am

The rubber connector for power on my wiper motor is snapped off flush, hoping some one might have a bad motor I can get the connector assembly from, it attaches with 4 small screws.

Thank you
12B
Combat Engineer

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Re: Wiper Motor Power Connector

Unread post by m3a1 » March 21st, 2020, 3:58 am

Is it the earlier one with the longish tube? That is a weakness in the design. If so, my recommendation is that you clean off the paint at the joint, carefully index it to where it was originally and reattach it with JB weld. There is very little stress on that junction when the wiper motor assembly is installed on the truck and the repair would last a very long time if properly prepped and then left undisturbed afterwards. Even if you made something of build up around the base to provide more surface area and perhaps wipe it with a finger as you would a caulk bead, it would be almost undetectable once painted. JB Weld is perfect for this kind of repair.

Cheers,
TJ

m38inmaine
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by m38inmaine » March 21st, 2020, 4:38 am

The connector(rubber packard fitting) is missing, nothing to repair.
12B
Combat Engineer

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » March 21st, 2020, 1:47 pm

I have an old, broken one sitting around here (somewhere) that you could repair but I'm not inclined to go out to ship it, owing to the current events.

If you cannot source one anywhere else get back in touch with me and I'll get it to you later. In the meantime, maybe I'll even repair it.

Cheers,
TJ