WTB M416 or Bantam T3-C Trailers (need 2x)

Need something for your Mutt? Let us know!

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Mutt Hunter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

WTB M416 or Bantam T3-C Trailers (need 2x)

Unread post by Mutt Hunter » June 18th, 2021, 4:34 pm

Hi from Tampa, fellas.

I just joined a club here in Tampa that is oriented on keeping the history of Teddy Rooseveldt's Rough Riders alive. Tampa was the place they embarked on ships to go to Puerto Rico and create some cavalry history.

Anyhow, the club participates in many, many parades each year all over the US. They have two old Willys MB jeeps (or Ford GPW...not sure yet because of 80 years worth of paint).

I participated in their last parade with my MUTT, and next thing i knew i'd gotten the mission to lead restorations of both jeeps. The jeeps currently pull trailers that are beyond embarrassing. I think they are the rear ends from two old nissan pickups with a trailer hitch.

So, on behalf of the club, i'm reaching out to ask if anybody's got an old "correct" trailer for sale. I'm also going to do the searchtempest thing. We need two of them, and as long as they aren't complete rust tubs, i'm interested.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

dee
United States Army - 1986-2012
35th Sig Bde (Airborne)
82nd Airborne Division Artillery
B Co, Joint Communications Support Element (Airborne)
1st Infantry Division
US Special Ops Command
Commander, 3rd Joint Communications Squadron (Airborne)
US Central Command

rickf
General
General

Re: WTB M416 or Bantam T3-C Trailers (need 2x)

Unread post by rickf » June 18th, 2021, 6:25 pm

I think a 416 will look as out of place as the ones you have. You probably need to look for a M-100 or earlier. I have a M-100 I will be selling but I need to drag it out and assess it's condition so I can put a price on it. It is complete and not cut up, floor was good but been sitting for years with pine needles in it so that may be an issue. Problem is that I am in NJ, pretty far from you.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone