TMC 09 MVPA coast to coast convoy

This is the place to let us know about your upcoming event, rally, parade, swap meet, etc.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

rickf
General
General

Re: TMC 09 MVPA coast to coast convoy

Unread post by rickf » July 1st, 2009, 6:30 am

Bad news about the accident but very good news that he will recover. I have a lot of metal in my left leg because of the very same scenario! Godspeed and good luck Ian.

Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: TMC 09 MVPA coast to coast convoy

Unread post by Rainman » July 1st, 2009, 12:58 pm

Just spoke to Ian by phone, and he says not to count him out for the Mid-Ohio. The Drs are going to give his leg another alignment this afternoon, and he may be ready to travel back to Ohio by Monday or so. He is unsure the condition of his motorcycle, but is certain the point of impact was directly on his leg, thus protecting the cycle somewhat. Last he saw of it, it was on the ground just like he was. He has his computer, but not online yet as sitting up is very uncomfortable. For those interested, Ian's ferret website is http://www.ferret-afv.org/ and his email address for well wishers is ferretware@columbus.rr.com I'm sure he'd be impressed to hear he is being talked about so much for his madventures on the convoy. Here's a shot of Ian being interviewed by the Wooster, Ohio news media.
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder