vinyl hood numbers source

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

199th mp
Major
Major

vinyl hood numbers source

Unread post by 199th mp » September 8th, 2021, 11:47 am

i was at a packwood flea market last friday, and came across a vendor who makes vinyl stickers for automotive uses. i asked if they could also make letters and numbers in both 2 inch and 3 inch sizes, and was told they could do that. i haven't used them so make your own inquiries. the stuff they had on display looked pretty good. here are the contact names:

christy@bg-x.biz
360 608 5926
www.bg-x.biz
facebook.com/badgurlzgrafx

they are located in longview, washington. i got their OK to post this.

svramselaar
Major
Major

Re: vinyl hood numbers source

Unread post by svramselaar » September 9th, 2021, 6:59 am

hi
if you let make the sticker with the military stencil fond
use a take of vinyl you can remove
take the numbers and letters out and you have a spray paint template

cgarbee
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: vinyl hood numbers source

Unread post by cgarbee » September 15th, 2021, 4:16 pm

I purchased a vinyl cutter a few years ago in order to make banners, signs, race car decals, etc...
Anyone who has the fonts downloaded and access to a cutter of the appropriate size can make decals for military vehicles these days... The nice thing about folks like Rick Larsen (I understand he has closed his shop) was the vast knowledge and inventory of appropriate MV markings.

Although one can weed out the letters and use the portion normally wasted from making a decal for use as a paint mask, the adhesives are stronger than that used for paint mask and care should be taken to not peel tender paint. The stronger adhesive isn't a problem when applying decals to fresh, tender, paint, since you leave them in place, but could be if you tried to pull the material if used as a mask for stenciling...

Paint mask has a material cost that is very near that of the decal material. If you can spare a few extra days for them to get the material in to the shop, anyone who cuts vinyl for signs, banners, or decals, can make paint mask...

Hope this helps...