Non Ethenol gas in your area ?

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

acudanut

Non Ethenol gas in your area ?

Unread post by acudanut » August 14th, 2019, 2:32 pm

Just wondering if anyone else can buy pure gas with no ethanol added. I can buy it in my area and use it only in the jeeps and mowers. It cost 50.00 cents more per gallon, but it's worth it I guess. I don't have to worry about it going bad, better for carbs and don't use Sta-bil.

rickf
General
General

Re: Non Ethenol gas in your area ?

Unread post by rickf » August 14th, 2019, 2:50 pm

It WILL go bad and it only takes about three to four months to do so. The ethanol is not what makes the gas go bad, it is all of the additives they put in it. The ethanol just causes phase separation in addition to the other problems PLUS does not play well with rubber parts. So you had better put Stabil in the non ethanol gas or you will have green fuzz in the carburetor. You just won't have a completely corroded away carburetor.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » August 14th, 2019, 3:22 pm

The biggest enemy of gasoline, with or without ethanol, is oxygen. Keep your tank full, especially when stored over the winter, and keep the tank sealed. Also keep the lids on your gas cans good and tight.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Surveyor
Terminal

Unread post by Surveyor » August 14th, 2019, 8:00 pm

15 min drive to nearest station that has it... trading post on reservation. Only thing I put in m151 and small engines round here. Costs more of course but less headache and I don't get the black mold that seems to develop round the gas caps down here with the ethanol.
1960 M151 Run #1
"There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove....." - K8icu
"She ain't a Cadillac and she ain't a Rolls, But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio" - Aaron Tippin

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » August 14th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Thanks Rick, I won't sleep now.

milstencil
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by milstencil » August 15th, 2019, 8:19 am

Here you go guys! Find your station here: https://www.pure-gas.org/
Do to the restrictions here in the communist state of MA, I have to travel to Vermont
to pick up mine.
Rick

Hambone
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Hambone » August 15th, 2019, 9:44 am

Here in the great state of Arkansas, we have a non ethanol choice, 87 octane or 92 premium, I run AG in my jeep, my son is a pilot so I have connections to Av Gas, this is a scary moment he had a couple months ago, nose gear malfunction. Hambone
https://youtu.be/_PerOvD4SLM

m75
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread post by m75 » August 15th, 2019, 3:01 pm

A great reference. Not too many across California, but there IS one about 45 miles away. Thanks for the tip fellas!
Jim Peterson
SGM, 31B Retired 2015
1961 M151 -Sold
1974 M151A2, Working It!

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » August 15th, 2019, 6:05 pm

There are ZERO in NJ and it is illegal to run anything BUT gas from a paid pump in your car here. I should ALSO mention it is illegal to pump your own gas in NJ!!! You can pump diesel but not gasoline.
Governor Rainbow was on vacation for a couple weeks at his mansion in Italy (see the ironic part here
?) and while he was gone his assistant governor signed a few more bills but when he got back he sighed roughly 30 bills into the law the day he returned. That was right after the last shootings so of coarse there were a few new gun laws in there to keep NJ on top of the strictest state thing but the rest all involved the regular citizen paying more taxes so "others" could have free college, health, housing and medical.
Lets just hope that with all of these tariffs and countries not buying corn the government will finally realize that it is not feasible to keep trying to force it into gasoline and in the process force farmers to grow corn over and over in fields that should have been rotated many years ago. You cannot grow one crop and one crop only year after year. The soil will collapse! Only I think between 1-5% of the corn grown now is food corn!!!!
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone