i take the distributer lid off and see this :shock: :shock:
it is a china one it was sitting there for 4 years now
see also the below video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSG_X1lZ5c
you all know i run on LPG
LPG must have a higher spark voltage to start and run
now i put a us made coil and it start and run again as the best
LPG price € 0,70 petrol € 1,90 E 5 at LPG 1 liter 5 kilometer :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rickf
General
General

Re: coil

Unread post by rickf » September 10th, 2021, 5:35 pm

George, have you ever thought about capacitive discharge ignition? I just picked up a really nice MSD Digital 6 plus ignition unit. No, I am not putting that on the Mutt since I do not have nitrous or a Holley fuel injection setup BUT, I am close to that setup on my CJ-7 so that unit is going on the CJ and the MSD 6AL that is on the CJ will be moving to the Mutt. I am looking for a 24 volt to 12 drop down unit that will handle the 10-11 amps the MSD needs at full song. Not that I will be pushing it at 8,000 rpm but I want my bases covered so I do not go under voltage and fry it. Or it will just shut off if it drops below 10 volts. But I plan to trigger that with the points from the mutt and use the 12 volt output on the coil. It puts put roughly 350 some volts at very low amps from what I have been told. I will have to hook up with Louie to verify the actual voltages once I get it done.

Actually if anyone has a set of four inductive pickups for a Snapon Counseler scope.......................... I could test the unit as it sits on the CJ right now and that would tell me what kind of voltage it puts out. I have two sets of two pickups but need two more sets of two for the V8 setup.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Hambone
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: coil

Unread post by Hambone » September 10th, 2021, 6:03 pm

Typical Chinese product, George, do you have a source for an NOS coil over there?