a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Walter
Private First Class
Private First Class

M-151A1 Fiberglass, Rear, Inner Fender

Unread post by Walter » December 8th, 2022, 10:49 am

Good Morning Everyone:

I am making progress in tearing down my M-151A1 in preparation for getting the tub sand blasted repaired and painted. All that is left in the rear of the vehicle is the removal of the tail light and the B/O rear marker light located above it.

However, access to the wiring harness plugs for these lights have been limited by a fiberglass panel that is attached to the inner rear fender area. The fiber glass panel appears to be a molded panel and professionaly made. It also has a perfectly round indentation near the back end of the main tail light assembly as if it were to be cut out. There was only one on the passengers side of the jeep.

Has anyone else run into this before? Let me know.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Walter

rickf
General
General

Re: M-151A1 Fiberglass, Rear, Inner Fender

Unread post by rickf » December 8th, 2022, 4:06 pm

Guy from CMD would be the one to talk to since he has researched these body panels extensively. Unfortunately I understand he is no longer on here so you will have to look him up on Facebook would be my guess. I do not do Facebook. To the best of my knowledge there is no fiberglass anywhere at all on these vehicles. Sounds like someone made their own inner panel.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Walter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: M-151A1 Fiberglass, Rear, Inner Fender

Unread post by Walter » December 28th, 2022, 12:35 pm

Good Morning Everyone:

I believe that I have solved this mystery. It appears that a previous owner took what appears to be a fiberglass inner fender from a commercial truck that had a nice right angle sweeping bend and cut it down to fit into the rear fender area. To do so he also truncated the metal rear fender support, which will now need to be replaced.

Many thanks to all.

Regards,

Walter