A place to post pics and descriptions of ongoing restoration projects

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

rickatnyte
Private First Class
Private First Class

Transmission/Transfer Case?

Unread post by rickatnyte » December 9th, 2020, 7:03 pm

Hi Ya'll,
After I took inventory of everything I have here on the 1/4 ton I won on an auction...
I'm pretty sure this is a complete transmission/transfer case.
I don't know if it's any good or not, but it was just laying passenger floorboard.
Can anyone confirmation this for me please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rickf
General
General

Re: Transmission/Transfer Case?

Unread post by rickf » December 9th, 2020, 10:04 pm

That is the right transmission but that one bolt in the top is obviously not supposed to be there and the one next to it is missing so I would get it out of there and turned right side out and lift the top off and see if it looks good inside. You can save yourself some trouble later, and a bunch of guys on here telling the world will end, if you look down the shifter hole and make sure all the shift fork are aligned so there is a open pass front to back. This is neutral and it just makes it easier to get things back together later. I have taken the top off in every possible gear position and never had an issue with putting it back together so no worries if you don't get them right. Being upside down I will guess there is no oil in it and you want to make sure it is not all rusted in there.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone