engine

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

rickf
General
General

Re: engine

Unread post by rickf » April 12th, 2021, 8:33 pm

Southernautomotive.com has the parts but you want to make sure you are asking for the right parts before you order. Get the serial number from the alternator and then go to their website and look for the diodes and regulator. The diodes do not go bad very often without something bad happening to take them out. Like hooking up the cables backwards or taking a battery cable off while running. If you did not do one of those things and your diagnosis according to the manual points to the regulator it is probably the regulator. Do you have a truck shop near you that could test it?
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

rupert's
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by rupert's » April 13th, 2021, 10:10 am

rickf wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 8:33 pm
Southernautomotive.com has the parts but you want to make sure you are asking for the right parts before you order. Get the serial number from the alternator and then go to their website and look for the diodes and regulator. The diodes do not go bad very often without something bad happening to take them out. Like hooking up the cables backwards or taking a battery cable off while running. If you did not do one of those things and your diagnosis according to the manual points to the regulator it is probably the regulator. Do you have a truck shop near you that could test it?
I have asked in a truck workshop, but or they have a bank to test, they have told me to take it and take a look to see if they can do something ...
Question .... Is the voltage regulator and the voltage rectifier the same part?
If the problem is electrical, changing this part is it solved?
https://southernautomotive.com/catalog/ ... 1e9ad413d7

The serial number looks like 3002 AD or 3002 AE ... This would be the part?
Once again, thanks for all the answers and the help provided!

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 13th, 2021, 5:18 pm

The rectifier is the diode pack that converts the alternator AC voltage to the DC voltage needed by the vehicle and the regulator is what controls how much voltage actually gets to the batteries. So they are two different parts, If it is the rectifier that is the problem than no, what you are showing will not solve the problem. What you are showing is the voltage regulator. I know the basics of how the alternator works but if I need to get deep into one I also need to look at the manual and do a step by step diagnosis. And without the unit in front of me I don't want to say "Yes, this is the right part" and have it not be and you wasted your money. Those serial numbers don't sound right to me, I suggest you go to southernautomotive.com and look up their information on the 60 amp alternators and se what they say.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

rupert's
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by rupert's » April 20th, 2021, 9:27 am

To continue with the subject ... Perini refused to acknowledge the alternator warranty. I have taken it to a workshop to repair the alternator and when they opened it they saw that the internal wires were bare and had made a short circuit.
One more proof that the alternator was in bad condition, Perini has sold it to me and now, only 4 months later it breaks and says that I am the culprit ...
He doesn't want to take over the repair because he says I've burned it. He is the worst salesman there can be. I do not advise anyone to buy from Mutt Perini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.