Any issues with 7.50x16" NDT's on A1 or A2?

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

mutt and jeff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Any issues with 7.50x16" NDT's on A1 or A2?

Unread post by mutt and jeff » June 6th, 2021, 9:31 am

A2 followed me home yesterday, see photos in restoration board, and it needs tires. Not gonna be a museum piece, but a property run around jeep. Very attractive price on Speedway 7.50x16" NDT's at $110 ea. and free shipping. I know it's a size larger and the NDT's are a flatter profile than the NDCC's, but both are close enough for government work.
Has anyone run this size tire and can let me know if I'm going to have rub or turning radius issues with these tires? I will probably leave current spare or pick the best of the litter for a spare, so no fit or weight issues on the rear mount.

I'll hang up and listen.
arrival 1.JPG
arrival 2.JPG
arrival 3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mutt and jeff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Any issues with 7.50x16" NDT's on A1 or A2?

Unread post by mutt and jeff » June 6th, 2021, 12:06 pm

Well, I'd still like to hear the discussion, but the correct size 7.00 were only $5 more from another site, so I have purchased them. I know they are NDT's and not NDCC's, but I can live with that. And the size will match the currect spare tire in case I need to put it on.

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Any issues with 7.50x16" NDT's on A1 or A2?

Unread post by muttguru » June 6th, 2021, 12:45 pm

M&J,
If I were you, I'd jack up the front end and get someone to turn the steering wheel from side-to-side while you check. Years ago an owner here in England told me that he had fitted 750-16s and the edge of the tyre scuffed the inside of the front fender / frame at full-lock.

Maybe his steering stops were wrongly adjusted but it's worth spending 10 minutes to make sure yours don't do the same. If there's a danger of contact, adjust your steering stops accordingly and make sure that you tighten them securely too.
Ken
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"