This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Lou
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Anyone try these NOS Fuel Level Sender?

Unread post by Lou » June 16th, 2021, 6:13 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233860670702?m ... nl%3Dmkcid

These fuel level sending units are showing up on ebay. We already know the import sending units are crap, as they have the wrong resistance. Anyone try these yet? They do look nos but a completely different design then the 40 year old metal one in our mutt. Not crazy about the plastic or the one screw at the top which provides the electrical connection and is suppose to ground the frame to the cap. Any thoughts? :?:
Take Care,
Louie
M151A2,
KA2PFL,
MVPA 27368
Image Image

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Anyone try these NOS Fuel Level Sender?

Unread post by muttguru » June 16th, 2021, 7:47 pm

Louie,

According to the label on that box, the company that supplied these to the Mil is Faria-Beede Instruments. Faria is a well-known manufacturer of gauges etc. The NIIN on the box is also correct - 6680-00-676-9242.

The packaging could have been copied but from here, it looks like these senders could be the real deal.

Ken
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"

Surveyor
Terminal

Unread post by Surveyor » June 17th, 2021, 2:17 pm

Looks like the 2nd one I tried recently from Rapco down to the same red ink stamps on top.

https://www.g838.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13049
1960 M151 Run #1
"There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove....." - K8icu
"She ain't a Cadillac and she ain't a Rolls, But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio" - Aaron Tippin

fowlercal
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by fowlercal » June 25th, 2021, 3:18 pm

Louie,

I just installed a new gas tank in my A2 with a NOS sending unit. I got everything hooked up and the new sending unit would not work, even with a separate ground wire hooked to the sender. I remembered seeing your thread on a modification to the sender. I removed the sender and followed your thread on how to solder the wire from the float lever to the support frame. Also soldered the rivets to the underside of the mounting base. I did the out-of-tank test with a ground wire attached. The sender then worked as designed, showing on the gauge correctly.

Thanks for posting the procedure again with the pictures included. This the first time I can remember a 24 volt fuel sender working CORRECTLY on any of the previous military vehicles I have owned.

Thanks, Cal

Lou
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by Lou » June 25th, 2021, 4:43 pm

fowlercal wrote:
June 25th, 2021, 3:18 pm
Louie,

I just installed a new gas tank in my A2 with a NOS sending unit. I got everything hooked up and the new sending unit would not work, even with a separate ground wire hooked to the sender. I remembered seeing your thread on a modification to the sender. I removed the sender and followed your thread on how to solder the wire from the float lever to the support frame. Also soldered the rivets to the underside of the mounting base. I did the out-of-tank test with a ground wire attached. The sender then worked as designed, showing on the gauge correctly.

Thanks for posting the procedure again with the pictures included. This the first time I can remember a 24 volt fuel sender working CORRECTLY on any of the previous military vehicles I have owned.

Thanks, Cal
Cal,
You are quite welcome. Glad the information was helpful to you. :)
Take Care,
Louie
M151A2,
KA2PFL,
MVPA 27368
Image Image