reparar distribuidor

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

D Pizzoferrato
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: reparar distribuidor

Unread post by D Pizzoferrato » January 26th, 2022, 8:21 am

You say that piston 1 is up. Have you verified that both valves are closed when piston 1 is up? Piston 4 and piston 1 will both be up simultaneously; only the piston that is ready to fire will have both valves closed. You can easily be off 180 degrees with the distributor.
Visit our Website! www.odcloth.com for your Canvas needs

Visit our AM151A2 restoration page http://www.odcloth.com/mymutt/1979am151a2.html

Visit our PBR Restoration Site. http://www.pbr6927.com

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » January 26th, 2022, 10:11 am

And once you verify you are one number 1 compression you have to be sure it is pointing at the number one spark plug wire, which is the one closest to the block looking forward. If it is on the opposite side then as Dave said it is 180 degrees out. If it is only off by a little bit one of two things are wrong. Either the pin has broken in the bottom of the shaft that holds the dog that engages the oil pump drive or the oil pump itself was installed incorrectly and the distributor that does work was timed to match the oil pump.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

svramselaar
Major
Major

Unread post by svramselaar » January 27th, 2022, 9:49 am

hi

to begin take the wire`s fom the distributor cap
put four long bolts in the hole`s and start the engine
now you can see if there are sparks at all bolts
if yes the distributor is ok
do as ricks sead cylinder 1 top dead center (cyl 1 both valve`s closed cyl 4 both vavlves tumble )
look if the rotor arm is to the front side to the engine block
this is sparkplug wire cylinder no 1
te distributor tuns clock wise ignition sequence is 1-3-4-2
next 90 degree further clock wise to the front to fender cylinder wire no 3
next 90 degree further clock wise to the rear to fender cylinder wire no 4
next 90 gedree further last one rear to the block cylinder wire no 2

good luck george

rupert's
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by rupert's » March 12th, 2022, 9:31 pm

Guys! I have news from the dealer...
I have had little time for him since the last post. Also after the last whole day of unsuccessful testing, I didn't really want to waste another day with him... But I had to do it at some point.
This morning I woke up ready to dedicate the whole day to it, but at the end of the day only two things could happen, either it would work or it would fly out the window. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have verified that the rotor pointed to 1 when it was up, and I have verified that the spark plugs had spark, so why does it not start?
It was the fault of this piece
IMG_2211.JPG
It's between the oil pump and the distributor. With one distributor he has a position and with the other distributor you have to give him a half turn, because if I don't give him a half turn the dealer starts at 3 instead of starting at 1.
After that just press and boot.
I've also tried the old parts, and the dot set was fine so I've kept it as a spare. I have not had the same luck with the condenser because I have tried it but it did not keep the idle and also the engine stopped... that one in the garbage.

Anyway. I'm happy I got it fixed and now I have a spare distributor ready to go.

Thank you all very much for your advice! They are very helpful in finding the problem and it is always nice to see the opinion of people who are experts in these cars.

If the text seems confusing it is because of the translator
Greetings to all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.