Aftermarket fuel pump mount advice?

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

eflexter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Aftermarket fuel pump mount advice?

Unread post by eflexter » August 9th, 2015, 12:07 am

Hey guys. Now that the MUTT is running strong, I want to mount a Carter P4603HD fuel pump as recommended in a previous post. This is a 24V marine pump and I believe it will be bulletproof. From what I understand, these pumps "push" gas, not "pull". I'm curious where people are mounting the pump. A picture would be nice, but not totally required.

I'm thinking that it might be good to mount it in the floor well on the cross member that the seat mounts on. But there may be some more clever ideas out there. I've got the fuel tank plate that has a pickup tube, and I'll probably plumb in a return line so I won't have any over pressure problems. Mostly I just need a nice thougtful location so it doesn't scream UNORIGINAL to everyone that looks at it.

Thanks again!
1967 M151A1

Aswayze
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Aftermarket fuel pump mount advice?

Unread post by Aswayze » August 9th, 2015, 8:47 am

In tank.

All of the East Wind A1s have the carters in the tanks and we have never had fuel delivery problems since.

Btw, I did not notice you are in Desoto, if you run up on any hardships or end up needing access to any funny tools do feel free to either stop over or let me know. Having run 9 trucks through here that basically all started off as basket cases we're pretty well equipped these days.

eflexter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Aftermarket fuel pump mount advice?

Unread post by eflexter » August 9th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Great! I work over in KCK. This is my first military vehicle, so it would be good to have someone nearby for reference. Thanks!
1967 M151A1