Rear blinker?

feel the need to change or modify your mutt? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Egorto
Private First Class
Private First Class

Rear blinker?

Unread post by Egorto » November 12th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Hello,
I am getting orders overseas and I want to bring my M151 A2 with me. Unfortunately, the country I am going to requires amber blinker lights in the rear and side markers. Got the side markers, but now I need to figure out how to separate the rear blinker signal(460, 461) from the brake signal (22) without melting some contacts. My first thought was to try a dual color switchback led. It changes color but you can’t see the difference through the thick red lens. I have also looked at the wiring schematic in the -20 tech manual. The front blinker signal (460, 461) could be spliced direct to the rear composite and then use the bottom black out marker bulb. I changed the black out marker lens (24) cover to amber plexiglass just in case this works. The next part gets messy. I would remove the brake switch (75) from its current curcuit and splice it parallel into the rear running light (21), then back to the stop bulb in the composite lamp (22). This is where I need an Electrician’s advice. Is this feasible or a fire waiting to happen? Any help appreciated.
Evan

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Rear blinker?

Unread post by muttguru » November 12th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Evan, before you get tangled up in a major wiring exercise.....go here, read this from George. An easy fix.
Ken

http://www.g838.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t ... ght#p42497
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"

Egorto
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Egorto » November 12th, 2018, 11:20 pm

Thank you! I’ll give it a try.
Respectfully,
Evan

Egorto
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Egorto » November 18th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Worked perfectly. Thank you!
Evan

svramselaar
Major
Major

Unread post by svramselaar » November 19th, 2018, 6:26 am

hi

nice to hear it works for you
i live in holland and it is more save like this there are not so menny cars with combo stop direction lights
it is a easy job to do
i have take out the bridge between the two lower lights and put a orange glas at it
only if you have a trailer it must be also done
where do you go England ?

george