A proper rebuild

feel the need to change or modify your mutt? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Re: A proper rebuild

Unread post by sherwan_88 » May 29th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Baios,
In the field of invention and modification, you never know whats going to happen next. :D
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)
Muttless at the moment. :(
The Last Of Its Kind. A Ton Of American Steel.

Schroder
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Schroder » November 21st, 2010, 4:44 am

I am very impressed by the work you have done, so "small" means, you could make it so clean work .. WAU ..

I now know it's a 2C engine you have put in your car. But what clutch did you use?

And can see some of the pictures that show exactly how you I have to do has been erased, it is possible to send me them by mail? (nschroder@hotmail.com)
Would really like to avoid the same startup problems by getting help from you.

I started to look for brake caliper from a Samurai, I'm going "only" to install them on my front wheel, so for me also the right brake distribution. Then I want Brake booster and 2 circuit brake system later..

Just some other issues:
Have you changed the oil tub? For it comes down in height and not have to make a box in the bonnet.

You have used the original engine mount?

Bellhause from?

Yes, that was many questions, but have divorced my car again, to start rebuilding.

baios
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread post by baios » October 29th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Hi to all!!!Because of thinging seriusly to change my mutt to diesel any update or information of how the toyota diesel engine works??????Any newer informationabout the diesel conversion to mutt?????
DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
m51A2 Ford 1971
E-Mail vzisimos@yahoo.gr

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » October 29th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Hello Baios, Long time no hear. Why are you thinking about changing to a diesel? Parts or gas price?
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

baios
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread post by baios » November 2nd, 2013, 3:17 pm

hi rick parts available but money for gas price no!!!!!!so any try to save some money is priority. :?
DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
m51A2 Ford 1971
E-Mail vzisimos@yahoo.gr

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » November 2nd, 2013, 4:20 pm

How about a conversion to propane or LNG? I know George in Holland was quite successful with it but I can't remember what gas he used.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » November 11th, 2013, 8:34 am

Schroder wrote:I am very impressed by the work you have done, so "small" means, you could make it so clean work .. WAU ..

I now know it's a 2C engine you have put in your car. But what clutch did you use? The original mutt clutch. There was no other available to to ride the gear shaft

And can see some of the pictures that show exactly how you I have to do has been erased, it is possible to send me them by mail? (nschroder@hotmail.com)
Would really like to avoid the same startup problems by getting help from you.

I started to look for brake caliper from a Samurai, I'm going "only" to install them on my front wheel, so for me also the right brake distribution. Then I want Brake booster and 2 circuit brake system later.. Brake booster is for better response. What you need is a bigger brake master cylinder. Original one will only last you 10-15 brake pedal pumps before it blows out its sealer washers.

Just some other issues:
Have you changed the oil tub? For it comes down in height and not have to make a box in the bonnet. Yes. Had to cut and modify the sump and modify the oil pump catch aswell

You have used the original engine mount? Yes, originally the plan was to mount the diesel on the original mounts. Later on after a few driving tests found out the diesel itself was damping all of its vibration in the body directly. Modified them to a vertical setup mount.

Bellhause from? The 2C diesel housing itself.

Yes, that was many questions, but have divorced my car again, to start rebuilding.
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » November 11th, 2013, 8:42 am

baios wrote:Hi to all!!!Because of thinging seriusly to change my mutt to diesel any update or information of how the toyota diesel engine works??????Any newer informationabout the diesel conversion to mutt?????
It runs fine when you put it in. But you have to make certain improvements to the chassis and the body to make it last. Second of all the drivetrain takes it toll when that diesel delivers high torque at low rpm. If you put it in first and floor it. You hear a pop 10secs later and there goes one u joint.
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » November 11th, 2013, 8:56 am

rickf wrote:How about a conversion to propane or LNG? I know George in Holland was quite successful with it but I can't remember what gas he used.
If you want to save money and that's it. Gas conversion is best. I've seen a lot mutts with gas kits in them. You just get a kit for $400 give or take. Which practically can be mounted on any carby engine. Don't know about the US but here we have a booming CNG industry. So you can go around the corner to a gas station and it will have CNG to top you off.
Here is a link to the company who sells them here:

http://www.landi.it/layout.jsp?idz=1009 ... 164&lang=3

If you want it to be reliable and be easy on the wallet, stick with the original setup and just install the kit.
here us a pic of the cylinder:

Unfortunately can't find a pic of the mixer installed next to the carb but here is one from another car:
Mid right next to the distributor.
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)

Germann75
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by Germann75 » March 20th, 2015, 10:32 pm

Nice work!