Good deal on random gun stuff

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: Good deal on random gun stuff

Unread post by raymond » January 12th, 2023, 1:45 pm

Definitely a scam.

915 area code is on the western point of Texas along the border of Mexico, not Wheeling West Virginia.

Want to see something funny: search their address of "3548 Columbia Mine Road Wheeling WV".

Must be dozens of stores in that little storefront in Wheeling :idea:

Unfortunately, there is a lot of this going around, with most of these places having hard to find parts at below (some way below) current market prices.

Over at AR15.com and HKPro there is a lot of discussion of theses scam sites. For instance, A2 carry handle upper receivers are currently scarce to unobtainable unless you find a used one. Several of these types of websites, that only accept untraceable, unrefundable payment options and have a fishy phone number for the store location, and the store location does not match what you find when you do a search, have A2 with built in carry handle upper receivers for half the going price of used ones on AR15.com's Equipement Exchange, which is almost lower than Gun Broker prices.

My advice is look and see if telephone number matches location then look at a street view of the so called business. And then if it only accepts untraceable unrefundable payments, IT IS A SCAM.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Cobra5
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Cobra5 » January 13th, 2023, 11:40 am

Raymond,

I definitely did more research are my posting and yes the phone number was from Texas for a business that was suppose to be in W Virginia. Also went on a few gun forums and found out that scam site are pretty common now. If you want to know the sites I found, google Korean surplus 30 cal carbine. The one thing in common is that they only accept payment in bit coin, zelle, apple pay or goggle pay but no credit cards. I did an online chat with a customer service representative from the site but I got a gut feeling it was a scam. So I backed out of the transaction telling them that my internet was working very well and just cancel my order for now and I'll get back to it later in the week. The reply I received was give me your account info. At that point I left the site. Thanks for the reassurance that this was indeed a scam site.

Tim

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » November 21st, 2023, 11:16 am

Been a while since I've put anything here.

Amend2 polymer 30 round AR15 magazines.

$6.99 each.

Heck of a price for a well regarded magazine.

Magazines should be seen as expendable as they can and do break with useage, especially if dropped on feed lips.

Just like ammunition, find 'em cheap, stack 'em deep :idea:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/215222

P.S. feel free to post any good deals here.

P.P.S. feel free to send guns, magazines, and ammunition to me, your favorite moderator. :D
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » November 21st, 2023, 2:14 pm

raymond wrote:
November 21st, 2023, 11:16 am
Been a while since I've put anything here.

P.P.S. feel free to send guns, magazines, and ammunition to me, your favorite moderator. :D
https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/r ... &FORM=VIRE
1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's