Good deal on random gun stuff

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: Good deal on random gun stuff

Unread post by raymond » April 14th, 2019, 7:24 pm

Now here is a real good one :!:

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifl ... ign=Itwine

Brownell's now has their reproduction of the early Colt M16a1.

While not perfect, it's pretty faithful to the original.

Early grey style phosphate.
1 in 12 twist chrome lined lightweight "pencil" barrel.
Bolt carrier is chromed.
No shell deflector.
No fencing on lower receiver.
A1 front and rear sights.
Triangle handguards.
Type D buttstock with no trapdoor to hold cleaning kit.
Duckbill flashhider.

Right now it is on sale for $899.99 plus whatever your FFL charges for transfer.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » April 17th, 2019, 12:05 am

Magpul gen 2 30 round P Mags on sale at Palmetto State Armory for $7.99 after using coupon code "PMAG" at checkout. Buy ten and you get free shipping. :D

https://palmettostatearmory.com/magpul- ... ampaign=cl
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 17th, 2019, 7:49 am

I'll buy ten and have them shipped to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: :evil: :evil: Freakin' NJ. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » April 17th, 2019, 8:02 am

rickf wrote:I'll buy ten and have them shipped to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: :evil: :evil: Freakin' NJ. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That is fine with me. I'll store them for you.

BTW, I read a story the other day where a FOIA was done in NJ to get the number of standard capacity magazines that had been turned in to the police in NJ. The number was exactly 0

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/foia-r ... z5lLxbZ67B
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/foia-r ... z5lLyJTzd1
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

There are an estimated one million-gun owners with standard capacity magazines (10+ rounds) in the State of New Jersey, bringing an estimated number of magazines holding more than ten rounds to around ten million. Some estimates even have this number being higher.

When New Jersey passed a law making these magazines illegal in 2018, there was a debate on whether the gun owners of the state would hand in their magazines. When the law went into effect at the end of last year, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy and Attorney General Gurbir Grewal celebrated it as a victory against gun rights advocates.

AmmoLand news reached out to departments across the Garden State and the New Jersey State Police to see how many magazines were turned in for destruction. Local departments were quick to confirm that they did not receive any magazines turned in by the citizens of New Jersey. The State Police would not comment on the record on the number of magazines turned in by residents.

Off the record, State Police sources told AmmoLand no magazines were turned in. We filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to get the official answer from State Police officials. Our first request went unanswered, so we sent another, then another, and so on until we finally received a response from the State Police.

SGT Kristina Pados of the New Jersey State Police responded to our FOIA request. She confirmed what our sources inside the New Jersey Police told us. The gun owners of New Jersey have surrendered no magazines.
However, she did state that local departments might have them.

AmmoLand reached out to local police departments across New Jersey and have not been able to find a single magazine turned over to the authorities. It would seem like the gun owners of New Jersey have decided to ignore the law most likely because it is unenforceable.

As previously reported New Jersey residents have been openly mocking Democrat Governor Phil Murphy on message boards and Facebook groups. This revelation feeds into the narrative that the new law was just a ploy to please the Governor's anti-gun base.

According to sources inside the New Jersey law enforcement communities, they still have not received any guidance on how to enforce the magazine ban. New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal's office still gives the evasive response of “not discussing law enforcement tactics” when pressed on why no guidance has been given to the State Police.

No law enforcement agency spoken to has charged anyone with having a standard capacity magazine. Short of going door to door there is no way of pro-actively enforcing the law. Law enforcement has not and are not planning on using this tactic.

When the law was going into effect, some agencies considered enforcing the ban as a secondary charge. Police would add on the charge of having an illegal magazine if a crime was committed with the magazine, but we have been unable to find anyone charged even under this circumstance.
Raymond

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 17th, 2019, 5:29 pm

What they do not mention in that article is what happens if you are stopped while transporting your guns to the range and you have a large capacity magazine in your possession. It is illegal, period. The law has passed and people like those writing that article can say what they want but IF you are caught with a large capacity magazine the law is very specific. The lawyers have said to NOT take them to the range, They have also told us to NOT allow a voluntary search of our vehicle by the police if they ask to do so. This bothers me for the main reason that I have never, ever had any reason to tell an officer they cannot search my vehicle. I always operate within the law and I do not have anything to hide............... EVER! BUT, With the democrats in charge we have been told it is in our best interest to not allow a voluntary search. If the officer asks if there are any weapons in the vehicle you are to say "Sir, I appreciate the job you are doing but I am not going to answer that question. After which they will surely ask to search the vehicle to which you tell them you are not voluntarily consenting to a search and then you are to call the lawyer. They will still search the car but since it is not voluntary anything they find cannot be used against you in court. Apparently they have been told to confiscate any weapons no matter what and then it is up to you to get them back. I just saw in one of the financial mags that NJ has the highest number of people moving out of all the states in the nation, I wonder why????
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » May 7th, 2019, 9:53 am

1000 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 115 grain FMJ for $152.99 SHIPPED when you enter coupon code "P190506" at checkout.

The price listed is $169.99 until you enter the coupon code at checkout.

The free shipping makes it one heck of a deal.

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-blazer-br ... n=48247-NA
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » May 15th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Want to build your own AR 15 type rifle/pistol :?:

Palmetto State Armory has completed lower receivers on clearance for $29.99

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-hbr ... ampaign=cl

I think these are left over from when gimmicky lowers were a big thing. The markings are a little bizarre, safe is marked "possum" fire is marked "foing" and auto (lower is a semi auto, and has no third axis pin for the auto sear trip) is marked "arok babnanas" Do a search and it goes back to a running joke over on AR15.com.

Anyway, the price is right. You're very unlikely to find one cheaper.
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » November 5th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Palmetto State Armory has Gen 2 Magpul PMAG 30 round AR 15 magazines for sale at $7.99 each when you use "PMAG" under the coupon code. Order 10, and the shipping is free. :D

Order today, as this is labeled as their "Daily Deal", although they sometimes run the "Daily Deal" for a couple of days.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/magpul- ... ampaign=cl

Raymond
Raymond

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » November 6th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Raymond, back in May you posted about AR-15 lower/pistols. I thought the lower had to be stamped "Pistol".
Anyway, I hear AR-15 Pistols are crazy loud and you need a laser to aim them ?

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » November 6th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Did you ever shoot with a laser? Looks good on TV, in real life they are not anywhere near as practical as they look. Much more practical on a rifle.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » November 6th, 2019, 9:06 pm

acudanut wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 3:46 pm
Raymond, back in May you posted about AR-15 lower/pistols. I thought the lower had to be stamped "Pistol".
Anyway, I hear AR-15 Pistols are crazy loud and you need a laser to aim them ?
A laser is mainly useful at close ranges with a pistol or longer ranges in the dark with a rifle.

Stripped AR 15 "virgin" lowers can be used to build a pistol or a rifle. These are usually marked "multi cal" on the receiver and are designated as "other" instead of long gun or pistol on the BATFE paperwork when sold.

A rifle must have a 16 inch barrel.

However, once a rifle, always a rifle, you cannot convert it into a pistol by adding a short barrel upper. You can add the "pistol brace" so long as the compacted weapon is has a 16 inch barrel and a total length greater than 26 inches.

On a pistol, you can add a rifle upper, but you can never add a rifle stock while the shorter barreled upper is attached to the lower while the lower has a rifle stock on it.

In short, a pistol can become a rifle, then go back to a pistol, but it cannot have the pistol upper installed on the lower while the lower has a rifle stock installed on it.

Edit: A pistol cannot have a vertical foregrip, but an angled foregrip is legal.

And yes, short barreled rifles and pistols chambered in .556 are loud. One good thing to add to such a weapon to help mitigate the sound is a linear compensator. It pushes all the sound out the front instead of throwing it out the sides via the cuts in a standard flash hider or recoil compensator

Kaw Valley makes the linear compensator all other are compared to.

https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/KVP- ... -s/100.htm

I have one of these on a Rock River Arms 9mm AR "pistol". And it really does ease the sould for the shooter and those directly to either side,

Raymond
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » November 6th, 2019, 9:31 pm

P.S. for aiming, I prefer a red dot and a flashlight for low light conditions.

Here is the one I like to keep for home defense. RRA 7.5 inch 9mm lower (does not require a mag well adapter) with 7.5 inch upper, uses Colt mags, fit with a Kaw Valley linear compensator, Magpul Angled Foregrip, Eotech holograph sight, 600 lumen Nitecore flashlight, SB Tactical pistol brace, Hogue pistol grip, and Rise Armament trigger with KNS anti rotation pins.

Raymond

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » November 6th, 2019, 9:55 pm

I think I could go to jail for just looking at that picture here in NJ!
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » November 21st, 2019, 9:28 pm

My favorite trigger for the AR platform, the Rise Armament RA140, a single stage, 3.5 pound drop in cassette style trigger, complete with anti walk pins, is on sale at Brownell's for $84.99. Enter "VB5" as a coupon code when checking out, and you get free shipping :D

Raymond
Raymond

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » November 21st, 2019, 9:52 pm

P.S. I currently have this trigger in 5 different AR platform weapons. You can spend (a whole lot) more, but the more you spend, you start hitting the point of diminishing returns. You can get the trigger so light, that it fails to strike and ignite military style primers with enough force to fire the round.
Raymond