Happy New Year

this is a spot to post pics of your favorite mutt cause you know we all like to look at them.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

richard
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Happy New Year

Unread post by richard » January 1st, 2019, 12:40 pm

Hello Mutt-Lovers around the world,

I hope you will have a good engine start for 2019.

2018 was an interesting and successful year for my old lady. We drove to Denmark and Sweden to participate in the Dansk Historisk Motor Club Classic Tour 2018 (Danish Historic Motor Club). Six events in Denmark, one in Sweden and one in Germany. Long story short: We won the tour. First time ever somebody from outside Denmark won this Classic Tour. And finally in a jeep with a max. speed of 65 mph. We had very nice events in Denmark and we collected completely new impressions in Sweden in the very scenic mountains east of Gothenburg.

In September 2018 we could not participate in one run on the Danish island of Fyn, because our G838 member Michel, aka mwmutt, invited us to a well organized Alps Tour 2018. On September 24th we started in Susa, Italy. We reached the Mediterranean Sea on October 1st. Great trip on the "secret" backroads. On my way back to Susa, where I parked the trailer and towing car, we have been checked by the Italian police and the French border police. Twice a day. Unbelievable considerung that we were always driving on old Italian and French military and border roads day by day.

And finally, but a little bit earlier in 2018, I became a member of the G838 owners 10,000 miles club. Many thanks to our G838 member Henrik, aka armyvehicles, from Denmark. We met at one of the events in Denmark on April 7th and he personally handed over the certificate to me. Big surprise and again many many thanks.

The old lady made it well in 2018. New oil and grease in March, new grease in August. No further spare parts needed.

Enjoy your days on the (back)roads in 2019

European Distributor for CMD Body Panels: http://www.M151BodyPanels.eu

1978 M151-A2
1978 M416-A1
1972 M561
1964 M35-A2 w/winch & shelter

Hambone
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Happy New Year

Unread post by Hambone » January 1st, 2019, 12:47 pm

Longest serving and still serving, nice jeep, Happy New Year!