Toledo Jeep Fest, looking for a Willys produced M151

This is the place to let us know about your upcoming event, rally, parade, swap meet, etc.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

D Pizzoferrato
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Toledo Jeep Fest, looking for a Willys produced M151

Unread post by D Pizzoferrato » June 6th, 2023, 8:03 am

Does anyone here have a Willys M151 that would be interested in an indoor display at the Toledo Jeep Fest? I spoke up at a meeting and got volunteered. Here is my Facebook post regarding the event:

Toledo Jeep Fest 2023. Aug 3-6. Call for historic military contract produced Jeeps for indoor display at the Glass City Convention Center.
As I was unceremoniously "volunteered" at the last Ohio Motorpool meeting, I am putting out the call to military Jeep owners in Ohio, Michigan and Indiana that are members of either the Ohio Motorpool or of the Indiana or Michigan Military Vehicle clubs. These three states have been targeted due to proximity to Toledo. If you are outside of this area and wish to apply, feel free to do so.

The organizing committee is looking to showcase the military production of the Toledo Jeep. Specifically looking for Willys MA, MB, CJV35/U, MC (M38), MD (M38A1), MD-A (M170), Willys M151, Willys M274 Mule, AMC M422 Mighty Mite, Kaiser M715, Kaiser M725, Kaiser M606 and possibly Kaiser M35 or variant.

Display space is limited to about 12 vehicles. The intent is to show, through displayed vehicles, a chronological montage of Toledo Jeep produced military contract vehicles. The normal registration fee will be waived for these select vehicles.

Here is an outline of what will be required to display:
Indoor Glass City Center Exhibit: For rare and custom Jeeps.
Please understand that total space is limited to 150 Jeeps, and subject to approval. The Indoor Glass City Center (formerly known as the SeaGate Convention Centre) Exhibit is for select Jeeps only; those of historical value or that are a particularly rare model, customized and built rigs, etc. After registering for this exhibit, TJF staff will contact you via email within two weeks of submission to let you know if your Jeep is selected. All selected Jeeps will be secured inside the Glass City Center Exhibit Hall from Friday, August 4 until noon on Sunday, August 6 at 1 p.m. for public display.
Once your Jeep is parked in the Glass City Center Exhibit, it cannot exit to take part in the All-Jeep Parade. Jeeps cannot participate in both activities, and therefore drivers must pick only one of these two popular options.
Please message me directly with yor vehicle info and a photo or two. I'll compile the info and forward it to the committee. Do not use the online registration until the final list has been approved. You'll be notified with a code or other work around to have the fee waived.
https://toledojeepfest.com/
Visit our Website! www.odcloth.com for your Canvas needs

Visit our AM151A2 restoration page http://www.odcloth.com/mymutt/1979am151a2.html

Visit our PBR Restoration Site. http://www.pbr6927.com